Friday, November 30, 2007

At school we are having an "End of the Semester" party. No religious affiliations this season.

How long will it be before somebody seriously asks all of the people named Christie, Christian, Chris, Christine (or any other variation) to change their name to something a little less offensive!!!

While we are on the topic of not offending anyone this _____ season I'd like to add a few terms to the list that should probably be changed:

1-"Black Friday"

2-The song "I'm Dreaming of a WHITE Christmas"

I mean seriously, can't we all just have an integrated holiday season?

3-"HO-HO-HO" should be replaced with "NO-NO-NO-you ARE NOT allowed to sit on my lap anymore!"

You know the funny thing about Christmas...Our two friends--Bob, who is Buddhist, and Abdul, who is Muslim (neither believe in Christ) told Abby and me that they always celebrated Christmas when they were growing up. Keep in mind that Bob grew up in China and Abdul grew up in Ghana, Africa!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

3 comments:

Bree said...

I couldn't agree more. I love this post. People need to take a major chill about this crap.

Will you guys email me your new address? :)
briannahafen@gmail.com

Gina said...

Hey Jeff, it's good to hear from you! I'm glad that you like reading my posts. I read while on the bus and whenever I get the chance. I see that you like the Becker-Posner blog; it's an interesting read. Posner is one of the most well known judges in the U.S., and probably the most well known law and economics scholar. Anyway, how are you liking your program? What are you studying, specifically?
-Nate

Marie Stott said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog, I am SO EXCITED. We miss you guys so so so much.
I loved this post so true and so funny.