Friday, November 23, 2007

Common Misconceptions

I recently made a friend out here who just moved to America from China about three months ago to go to school. We were talking about our different cultures and things like that, and I told him that I was from Salt Lake City, Utah, and that I go to the "Mormon Church" (He didn't know LDS, etc.) When I told him this he immediately said, "Oh, I know! You have many wives!" Despite all of my attempts, I could not convince him that I only had ONE wife! For some reason he knew more about my marriage(s) than I did! So I decided to play a little joke on him. Abby was having a playgroup at our house with five moms and seven kids...you can probably see where this is going! I brought him over to the house and when we walked in you should have seen the look on his face! Talk about priceless!!! I am happy to report that once he realized how absolutely insane it would be to have five wives and seven kids in a tiny two bedroom cracker box apartment he realized that he had been wrong. Funny how he had to see how irrational the idea was before he would believe me, isn't it. Typical graduate student!
-Jeff

1 comment:

Bree said...

Nice! Though you must admit that having more than one would SOMETIMES be nice- you know, a little more cookin', cleanin', lovin'! ;) jk!

Anyway, in answer to your question- the stadium is 80% covered with a big open hole in the middle. It has been in the mid-70's all week, then BAM- game day is pouring rain and seriously 20 degrees. It was frigid! Then, of course, today is up to the mid-50's again! Figures.