Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Dears in the Headlights: A quiz of Toddler Verbage

Results 2008!

As many of you were unable to attend the results show for this season's contest , and feeling excruciating sorrow that all of your invites uncannily seemed to have been "lost" in the mail, being the gracious blog-hostess with the mostest that I am, I risked life, limb, but most importantly career, snagging the script for you. I know what you're thinking, it musn't have been easy prying that puppy from ol' J.B.'s fingers. Well, I'll tell you what. It wasn't. However, I found it necessary for me to make such a sacrifice for you, my faithful readers. Now you can read the show and it will feel as if you were sitting right there in the soft seats. You're Welcome.


[Que music/lights. Enter Abby Jane stage left waving to audience. Que CHEERING/ APPLAUSE] Welcome! Welcome! Good to see you! Thank you! Thank you! You guys are too kind. Really. No. Really. STOP. Just Kidding. [Que CHUCKLE.
usic fades] Okay, seriously, though. Welcome to this season's results show for My Dears in the Headlights: A quiz of Toddler Verbage! [Que CHEERING/APPLAUSE] A very tough race this season. Yup, yup. A valiant effort by all, I must say. I, myself, was very pleased with the contestants--and thier answers! [Que SOFT CHUCKLE] Yup. Everyone gave it thier best shot. Though, for most that still wasn't good enough, but hey! There can only be one winner, right? [Que CHUCKLE] At any, rate, let's hear it for the contestants! [Que CHEERING/APPLAUSE] Yup, that's right you guys were amazing. Take a moment and give yourselves a pat on the back--okay, that's good enough! [Que CHUCKLE] No, seriously, though. Let's get down to business. [Que dramatic music/lights] The moment we've been waiting ALL season for...the winner of this season's My Dears in the Headlights: A quiz of Toddler Verbage is...

...Coming up right after this break. [Que DISAPPOINTED AWWHHH]

[Que music/lights. Que CHEERING/APPLAUSE] Welcome back! I know, I know. That was pretty cruel, huh? [Que soft CHUCKLE] Hey! Don't blame me. I don't write it, I just read it! [Que CHUCKLE] But, seriosly. Let's get back to it. The winner--that would be that person with THE MOST correct answers--of this season's My Dears in the Headlights: A Quiz of Toddler Verbage is...

...Malin-Da Szarek! [Que fantabulous music/lights/confetti/balloons/sparking cider/Cirque du Soleil/The Muppets/Brad Pitt. Que CHEERING/APPLAUSE]

Since Ms. Szarek was unable to be here tonight I will graciously and honorably accept this award in her behalf. And Melinda? If you are watching right now, don't forget to claim your prize by picking my very next post*! [Que OOOOOH/APPLAUSE]

Thanks for coming folks! And remember, friends don't let friends drive drunk. See you next season on My Dears in the Headlights: A Quis of Toddler Verbage! [Abby Jane dances with Brad Pitt. Fade all. Cut to credits]



So? Whad'ya think? Too bad you missed the live version. If you can believe it, it was even better than what you just experienced. Oh well. Maybe next season, eh?

Before I leave you, however, I want to pay tribute to a few honorable mentions that didn't get any coverage during the show--don't know why. You'll have to take that up with J-dog. An Honorable Mention is awarded to Annie for The Most Guesses for #2 (none of which were correct, by the way), my personal favorite being hors d'oeuvres --because yes, he is that sophisticated and we regularly speak french with him--how did you know? Another H.M. goes to Gina Bina for Most Correct Answers Having Never Met--or Spoken--to the Verbage Creator (Max) and to Erica for Best Use of Knowledge and Deductive Reasoning to Come up with any Answer--many of which were correct. Now. Last, but not most certainly not least, an Honorable Mention is awarded to Kristie for Most Creative Answers All Around. You really made me chuckle little woman. To view all answers, both correct and benine (my better half answered them all for us), simply click here. Just for kicks, here are a few bonus words:

1. Duh-day
2. Costoon
3. Nem'nems

*list of posts you may choose from is here.

8 comments:

Hickman Fam said...

I know that I didnt participate last time but i'd like to give it a whirl on the bonus 3- today, costume, and M&M? How'd I do? I miss u Abs.

annie said...

oh wow, this is so unexpected! i didn't even prepare a speech. ok, um, i'd like to thank the academy, my parents (for creating max's mom) max's parents (for creating max), max himself for being so sophisticated (maybe you don't speak french to him, but that kid is going to have one killer russian accent), perry for being a beautiful dear in the headlights, my wonderful roommates, my gardner, and sidley for not blocking the blogosphere from our work computers.

Nicea said...

So, Melinda, which blog is it gonna be next? (Whispered so A and J can't hear: ask for more pictures, okay?)

Jen and Ky said...

I just visited my good friend Rachel Shaw's blog and saw some wonderful pictures of you and a thong! I'm so glad you got to meet her! She and Julianne and I have been best friends since we were 7! You should ask her about american girl sleepovers when you get a chance! She's a great hairstylist if you need one, I still haven't found someone to replace her!

Michaelson Family said...

Hey, I am starting to work on the address labels for Christmas cards and need your address.
You can e-mail it to me at michaelsonb@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Bree said...

So Sorry Abs- I haven't been blogging lately. Just too darn busy. I have called you a time or two to catch up tho! That should give me bonus points!

I thought I'd take a stab at the bonus words:

1. Today
2. Costume
3. Num nums (snacks)

Any right?

Team Fraser said...

why aren't your cute pictures on here?? Perry is so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, we have not heard from you guys forever! It looks like everything is going great, I'm glad.