Friday, August 21, 2009

Abby McIntier

  • is starting to panic. Don't think its all going to fit in a 16 footer.
  • has angels for children who are very good at entertaining themselves for hours on end while in the car.
  • wants someone to remind her that she has angels for children and that she, herself, made that statement.
  • in seeing her stuff wishes she would have paid the extra money and gotten the bigger truck.
  • has to leave the dryer in Buffalo (stupid electric hook-up). One less thing that has to fit in the truck, I guess.
  • never realized how hairy and stinky all of her furniture was. One summer in a pet-free zone can really open your eyes.
  • Is it just her, or have we been here before? Appliance-less...
  • can't believe it all fit. Seriously.
  • really can't believe it all fit. Seriously. Minus the dryer, or course.
  • is going to miss the Casper Family (among others). They are pretty awesome.
  • gets a titty-bit embarrassed when her better half tells someone, "the tan one with the nice rack," is his, "Oh! You mean my wife. I thought you were talking about my new car." True story. Pun intended.
  • has to live in State College for how long??? Hoping it will grow on her.
  • feels nostalgic for Buffalo's Craigs List in her search for an electrically hooked-up dryer.
  • needs you to remind her about her children now.
  • remind her again.
  • Likes the friends her better half made on the internet. They don't mind sitting on hairy, stinky furniture.
  • found the Wegmans!
  • would like to thank the Academy (parents both blood and non) for getting us out the door and on the road in one piece.
In other words, these are the Facebook stati I would have posted had I owned a blackberry, iphone, or otherwise been continuously connected to the internet during the duration of our move.

We are here. I'm pretty sure we are happy. And we are safe.

11 comments:

Shawn said...

Don't worry. You'll be happy soon if you're not sure now. Lots more good friends just around the corner. I speaketh from experience.

Nicea said...

You have angels for children. I know these things.

Meg said...

Moving sucks. We have been here 5 weeks now and I still don't feel like I am ever going to feel like this is home. Good luck with gettin in the swing of things. And with finding a dryer! (We had to wait 3.5 weeks to get our washer and dryer!!!)

brentandkashann said...

Ooh, an honorable mention from Abby. We love it!
So glad that we were able to see you when you were in town. Things just aren't the same in Buffalo without Abby.
Good luck, guys.

Chuck said...

Wish those angel children could spread their tiny wings and fly over for a hug. I'm going through big time withdrawal. Enjoyed the post. Good luck with the dryer. Keep checking the curbs!

Laney said...

come back. please.

Lauren said...

Abby Jane I'm so glad y'all(yes I put y'all a lot like Paula Dean even though I hate how much she says it on TV) moved to Happy Valley. Somebody must be happy if it's called that right? I would not be adjusting to this so well if you guys weren't in the same boat so there...

We don't mind sitting on your hairy furniture cause ours is hairy too ;-) Feels like home just down the street.

Joel is finally reading now but I'm sure any minute he will want to go see you guys. I hope y'all(there it is again) don't get sick of us for hanging out so much. Believe me once next week of 8-5 hits me I will be a zombie and probably(but hopefully not) oblivious to world.

Mmmmk well just some things to remember:
1. We don't mind baby sitting your kiddos while you two use that gift certificate.
2. You can use our dryer anytime till you get yours.
3. We can have nervous breakdowns together when our husbands are busy studying away night and day before finals.
4. We need to start planning a Buffalo trip, and of course a Harker's Island trip(during the summer).

annie said...

i love you and miss you.

annie said...

your blog won't let me comment. rude.

but i still love you.

Bree said...

Yay! You made it! we had the same problems with the 16 foot truck AND the gas dryer! However, ours did NOT all fit, and we ended up driving to Utah for Christmas to get the rest. I was laughing my guts out at Jeff's reply- promise that's true? Was he making a joke? SO FUNNY.

Sherwoods said...

Yay for moving. I am glad you guys made it there safe and sound. I am especially glad it all fit. It was good to see you this summer. If we move back to Jersey, we will have to meet up somewhere in PA! Zach would love to see Max again.