Monday, June 23, 2008

Blogging Hiatus

To our faithful readers, we apologize. Most of you who know the Jeff and Abby McIntier family know that we roll to the pace of a slower clock, and it takes us four times the length to complete tasks that you normal people do in a week (and my mom in a day or two). As a witness of this, the pictures that are to be hung on our bare walls have been collecting dust on the ground for nearly three weeks. Oh. If that sentence didn't make sense...we moved!! Hooray! More to come on this later.

With that said, it will probably be a few more days until we get the internet hooked up at the new pad, or as we like to refer to it, "Our shrink." More to come on that later. (Am I hooking you?) Luckily we have found that the local Maytag Laundry has a free wireless internet connection. so here I sit, typing away in the car, as the object of some awkward stares from the employees. Oh, to have no shame!

So here is the brief update:

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our new place!

We are beginning to LOVE Buffalo. I took up the hobby of getting into some of the architectural history here (of which there is a surplus) and have been quite impressed. More to come.

The economists are right; people respond to incentives. After searching high and low and far and wide, we have finally discovered the carrot that errorlessly leads Max to the potty hole! More to come.

I just got the low battery sign, and if I don't post this it won't get done for days (see above). I'm going to have to stop right there. Talk to you soon!

9 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

I was wondering where you two disappeared to. No posts for quite some time, but sounds like you have quite a few stories to share... We can't wait!

Team Fraser said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are alive and well! I can't wait to see pic's of the new place! You gotta love the free internet...I'm sure our neighbors do!

Michelle said...

Hey guys, I know what you are going through- we still have yet to hand things on walls and just this past week got "re-connected" to the world. I am so happy that you are where we were and love it as much as we did. It really does make a difference. Can't wait to see what you do with the place- we still kinda miss it. A BIG HELLO from El Paso!!

Alesha said...

OH I cant wait for all the more to comes...I am on the edge of my seat! Ü

annie said...

ok, my bush, there are way too many "more to come" statements here. very unsatisfying. like eating a wendy's side salad for dinner. but i'm glad to hear life in the trenches is ok and - what's this? you're starting to LIKE buffalo? what?! i'm so glad. come back soon and give me more give me more; i miss you!

Unknown said...

DUDE!!! I have SOOOOOO missed reading your blog!! Quite a suspenseful one this is!! Very alluring and enticing!! Nice work! Please please please try to blog soon. This anticipation just might be the thing that pushes me over the edge!! It is hard enough having you oh so far away. The blog is the only incite I have to my lil bros life!!

P.S.> dont get too comfortable in Buffalo!! We need you back here. We really miss you.

XOXOXOX
Jenny

Natabug and Thayners said...

So.... I'm worse than you are. I have pictures sitting on my floor and I've been in my house for 9months now!! I know there's no excuse but I'm not decisive enough to figure out how to arrange them. You think that's pathetic . . . you should see Thayne and I try to decide on where to eat dinner. We have to rock, paper, scizzor to make decisions.

Stacey said...

I am sitting on the edge of my seat and am so excited for "More to come!"

Rachel Murray said...

If you think you're bad having bare walls at 3 weeks try 8 months. Yep... we moved into our house 8 months ago and I have put one nail hole in the entire house. I don't know what my problem is.