Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shrinkage

I'm blogging from the comfort of my shrink's office and it is fantastic. Yes, that's right; I'm seeing a shrink. In fact, our whole family has been seeing this shrink for about a month now and I have to tell you that I am completely satisfied. I only have one picture of our shrink, and it's not that good, but it will have to suffice for now. I'm sure we will post some more later.
Here:
Ours is the one on the upper left. Ahhh...just looking at it makes me happy inside.
And in an extremely random turn of events, the upper right will belong to our new friends Taylor and Laney. I came across the said's blog while doing a search for JD/MUP programs on google. I saw that they were planning to move from Utah to Buffalo for the JD/MUP (law and urban planning joint degree), and, after having a bad draw on our first hand of house, we thought we could give them some help finding an apartment. When the place next door opened up we let them know about it because they seem really cool and we thought it would be nice for both of us to have neighbors in the ward. Furthermore, the houses are pretty close together so we also figure that if anyone is going to see us in our skivvies, they might as well know what they are, right?
I digress. Back to the shrink thing
So if you're wondering what on earth I'm talking aboot, I will fill you in. If you're not, I'm filling anyway so you might want to skip down. A few months ago we heard that our friends the Calls (who happen to be super rad) were unfortunately moving from Buffalo. The only silver lining in the entire situation, besides the fact that they were going on to greener pastures to graze on a six digit income, was that their apartment (which happens to be almost as rad as the Calls themselves) was going to be available to rent. Well, to make a long story short, we jumped all over it and now we are living here. We labeled the house "Our Shrink" because we were certain that once we moved in it would solve all of our problems. It has. Does that make us worldly? I will be posting a video tour of our sweet penthouse once we get the pictures hung. They are still collecting dust, so don't hold your breath.

Shout out to the Calls - We owe you BIG TIME!!! Good luck in El Paso. And by the way, thanks for leaving us all of that cool stuff!

We're not going to miss our old shanty, but we will miss our friends:
Perry will especially miss her friends (notice her face). Let me also make mention of the sweetest car I ever saw in the hood parked in the background. What is that line about your wheels being worth more than your car?
And finally, how 'boot a couple pics of Thing 1 and Thing 2 for good measure:

Her busy little fingers kept grabbing the camera string while I was taking her picture.

My babes!


I don't know if the experience lived up to the anticipation.






9 comments:

annie said...

thanks for the update, yeffy! i thoroughly enjoyed it. love the pics, too. :)

Stacey said...

I love your comments about me posting pictures... Haha

How exciting for the new place. Eric and I are the same way with the TV.

Team Fraser said...

I am so glad that your problems are solved!! I forsure need a video tour! And you better see if that car is for sale it's a beauty!

Nicea said...

Awesome blog, Jeffrey A. I love the pics of the kids (keep 'em coming) and Abby, but the funniest in this post is the one of you and the cool stuff! I'm excited for your excitement about your new apartment, and you know we'll be there to visit in October, right? We expect to see those pictures hung by the time we get there. :>) Okay, maybe not. You're entitled to take as much time getting them hung as I was in getting your b-day present to you. Let'see, how long was that now? But October seems so far away. On the one hand I want it to come soon; on the other hand, that means I'm up to my eyeballs in school and I'M NOT READY, FOR THAT YET!!!!!

Shawn said...

Your shrink doesn't look anything like mine, but I guess that's to be expected.

Unknown said...

YEAAAAA!!! Thanks for the update! Your new house looks fantastic! Maybe all my probs will go away if I can ever get out of this dump!! I cant wait to see the place in August!! We just bought our baseball tickets!!!!

Love,
Jenny

Michelle said...

O.k. thanks for the shout out and sorry for all the junk we left behind!! I'm just wondering if you ever got any of that crap out of the basement and to the salvation army? I hope it won't take a year. Hey we also have some plants in the back yard on the side of the garage that are for you if you want. I forgot all about that. We left some plants last summer outside and they flourished compared to staying inside. I'm so excited that you will have someone next door- you're totally set up! Last week Rose cried and cried wishing she could go back to her house in Buffalo- I'm so happy that you are all happy!!

Jana Brookes said...

Your place looks so nice, and the kids are just adorable! It's so great that you are able to have nice neighbors moving in next to you. Our great friends moved out of their house next door about a year ago, and our new neighbors are a nightmare. So, we can sympathize with you on that one! Have fun with your new place, and I say, take your time on hanging those pics, unless of course, abby wants it done!!

abbyjane said...

Jana-here's the predicament: Jeff is ready with hammer and nails in hand while I am indecisive and stressed about wear to hang things. The good news is that we made progress today--not much, but a few pics were hung.

Aunt Shawn-is your shrink an off white color, say...PEARL? And did it cost you a bundle, or in other words, a GREAT PRICE?