Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've been Tagged

Weeks ago I was tagged by my beloved twin Kristie. I am just now getting to it. Here are 6 things that people don't know about me. However, I talk so much that I'm pretty sure that there are not that many things that people don't know about me, but I'll give it a shot. Hope you enjoy.

1. My pet peeves are when I get passed on the right in a non-existent lane when I am already going about 7-10 mph over the speed limit (this has only happened to me in Buffalo); when the dishes have piled up and Jeff doesn't have a cereal bowl to eat his breakfast in, so rather than washing one and being a part of the solution, he grabs a mixing bowl and a serving spoon to eat his cereal in...then leaves the bowl on the mountain of dishes for me to wash; and last, but most certainly not least, when I go outside after precipitation has occured (pick your poison: rain, sleet , snow, "wintry" mix, etc) and the bottom of my jeans get wet. I then go inside only to take my shoes off and get my socks wet from my jeans! I change into dry-bottomed pants and let the others dry only to find that they have dried with a delightful little salt ring where the water used to be. I now have to wash two pairs of pants. Arghh.

2. My favorite show is One Tree Hill. You can laugh and gawk all you want, because I am not ashamed. Jeff also enjoys it...he may be ashamed. If I were Lucas, I would choose B. Davis to P. Sawyer. No questions asked. Those of you who don't OTH-it, I apologize. Though, I know there are many of you closet CW T.V. show fans and you know what I am referring to. This is a common debate between Jeff and I. I would also love to see all you Ravens fans come out of the wood work and help me out here.

3. I love to decorate and am fascinated by old houses and architecture. It may not be evident in my humble abode given our current economic status, but I truly do love to decorate. I am just as likely, if not more, to pick a home and garden magazine to read over an "Us Weekly" or magazine of that nature. I find it incredibly enticing and while I don't know if I am any good, I really enjoy learning about it.

4. I am deathly afraid of praying in public. This is crazy, but I would rather speak in church than pray. At least when I speak I can prepare what I am going to say! I usually have to pray before my prayer about what i should pray about and that I won't say something stupid. I must give an example. When I was in YW, I was asked to give the closing prayer to a stake youth fireside. In that prayer I was told to make sure to bless the refreshments. At the close of the fireside, palms sweating, mouth dry, mouth dry, I stepped up to the pulpit. The prayer started out well, but upon saying,"Please bless the refreshments that they wi--" I can't bless that they will nourish our bodies, or give us nutrients that we need! They are refreshments. They don't have nutritional value! I finished the sentence with,"that they will taste good." Immediately the congregation fizzled with muffled chuckles. I started blushing and quickly ended the prayer. I was mortified, but able to laugh it off by explaining my train of thought to people when they commented on my prayer. I have since learned that when blessing refreshments during a prayer to say,"Please bless the refreshments," and then just STOP TALKING.

5. I'm pregnant.

6. Just kidding. I'm really really not. But I gotcha didn't I?


Hope you enjoyed!


P.S. I tag Jeff (actually Jeff tagged himself), Krista, Lauren, Stacey M, Laura, Alesha, and...Kashann who I know said would not do it if she was tagged, but I know all of my fellow Buffalonians would die to hear 6 things from your life that we didn't already know. Kashann, I won't be offended you really don't want to do it, but I thought you were worth a shot! Love ya!

11 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

I love it, you are to funny. I will never ask you to pray in public, or get out a mixing bowl to eat food when your sink is already full. You totally had me with the pregnant comment, don't play with my emotions like that Abby:)

Amber said...

ya, you got me on the pregnant thing. I believed you for 2 seconds until I read the next one.

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Fun stuff! Oh and I'm totally with you on the whole wet jeans thing...Actually, when it is wet outside I walk on my toes to avoid getting my jeans wet :) Maybe you should try it! Anyway, it's fun looking at your blog and seeing your darling kids :)

Alesha said...

Abs you made me totally crack up! I so hear you about the "wintery" mix on the bottom of the pants! SO ANNOYING! That is why I usually wear leggings or skinny jeans inside my boots on those days! (what is this wintery mix thing anyway?) I also totally lol at the praying thing! That is classic!

Danica Osborn said...

ha! i love your petpeeves! i agree with all of them!

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

ABBY!!!! This is Dani! Jeff gave me your blog! Oh my gosh I can't believe you have two beautiful kids! You look amazing! How have you been these last few years??? You look so happy and your family is so precious! I would love to chat and catch up on how you are doing!!!

brentandkashann said...

Those were funny. I afraid mine may turn out way more boring than you might think. I might do it.
I need stuff to do right now playing the baby waiting game.

brentandkashann said...

I didn't know you were a twin!

Natalie said...

I learned a few things about you. I can totally relate on the cereal bowl thing since it happens often at our house. How exactly do they think the bowls get back into the cupboard?

Johnny and Angela Dayton said...

You are totally funny! I've never read your blog before but really enjoyed it tonight. Thanks for the giggles.

By the way, I'm glad you're not prego because that means I'd be three weeks more prego then you and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Boss said...

Except for the whole giant cereal bowl thing, you could sum up all your pet peeves with one word: Buffalo. And I hear you. What's with that whole non-existent right lane passing? I hate having to check my rear view to see if someone is going to pass me when I slow down to turn right. I also have my share of secret WB obsessions, but I never got in to One Tree Hill. But I miss Gilmore Girls. And Popular.

Grace would like me to be finished with this comment now, and the rest of the world probably would too. So this is The End.