Sunday, February 10, 2008

Music!

Abby and I just had a great time making our music playlist!! Take a look and tell us which one is your favorite.

Abby's favorite: MMMBop by Hanson.
Jeff'f Favorite: Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.

--Buffalo Soldiers--It's our theme song, so we had to use it!
--The Chris Daughtry (Hemorrhage) and Taylor Hicks (Takin' it to the Streets) songs were two of our favorite performances on American Idol. I am, unashamedly, a big fan of American Idol (minus last year) and we both agree that season 5 was probably the best there will ever be.
We also found this cover of Georgia on my Mind (by Taylor Hicks) that we really liked. I really enjoyed listening to Taylor Hicks, but hated his first album. I don't know if the producers were just trying to make him sound a little more mainstream or what, but I thought it was a huge disappointment. I think he sounds a lot better singing soul music and the blues, and that is why I liked this cover.
--The Ray Charles song is obviously a cover of Johnny Cash's famous song. I found this on youtube a while ago and loved it. The video was really great because it had Johnny Cash introducing Ray Charles. As a former piano player, I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone that can play that well. It's a great remake.
--Abby and I are both big Queen fans, so that is why we have the most Queen tracks. Whenever we go on a road trip, we're always rocking out to queen (and so is Max as he yells "LOUDER!" from the back seat). When I was younger I thought they were cool (probably because of the famous Wayne's World scene), but as I listen to them now I can't help but notice what great musicians they were!
--We couldn't find our favorite song from the Walk the Line soundtrack (It ain't me, Babe--another road trip best) so we added Jackson instead. We like trying to sing the simple harmonies together!
--The Led Zeppelin song is a classic. I have liked it for a long time, and Abby fell in love once she saw it on the One Tree Hill season 3 finale! I read somewhere that Led Zeppelin has only licensed the use of their songs for two TV shows: The Sopranos and One Tree Hill. Not too shabby, OTH!
--Abby loves Hairspray, and I have to admit that I liked it quite a bit. These are two songs that we especially liked from the movie.
--The final three songs are just songs that we were starting to remember from Jr. High/High School. We were going to add a lot more, but ran out of time. Maybe we'll add some 90's classics a little later.

10 comments:

Nicea said...

I never thought I'd like some of the same music as you guys, but I do! Fun stuff. Are you watching the grammies tonight?

Nicea said...

P.S. I guess I should have said, "DID you watch the grammies?" since they're already over for you on the east coast.

Bree said...

Well, I must say, I am sad that you feel that Jordin Sparks is such a disappointment. I mean, sure her single might be lame... But you at least have to give her credit for having an incredible voice! And at such a young age!

Jeff said...

I do think she can sing really well...she sounded great at the Super Bowl, but we both kinda felt like last year was pretty lame. Blake was cool, but not that great of a singer, and there really wasn't anyone else to challenge her! Season 5 had at least 5 different people who realistically could have won it.

And thank you for saying that her single is lame!! :)

Team Fraser said...

The one & only song I knew was Buffalo Soldier, so I had to go with that one. You can't go wrong with Bob Marley. But you need to get some hip-hop on here pronto!

-Garrett-

Melinda Szarek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!!

So I've had your music player going while I've been working, and while most of it isn't stuff I would pick, it's not too bad!!

Dick&Erica said...

Hi Abby! I found your blog on the Angela's page. I love that Led Zeppelin song too. I listened to that CD all through my sophomore year of high school. And way to show the support for Hanson!

-Erica
http://dickanderica.blogspot.com

Anthony and Kristie said...

Every time I go to your blog I think of Bob Marley, now I know he was the one that inspired your blog name. I love all the songs.

Tiffany said...

Ok Abbie I love you. Hanson is totally my favorite band alive! You should check out their new stuff. I just went to their concert mabye 2 months ago! YEAHH!!!!

Emily said...

Abby! I found your blog! (Don't ask me how, I can't remember how I got here...I have a bad habit of blog stalking). Anyway, how are you guys!? Your new little one is so cute! I had forgot you were pregnant last time I saw you. Hope things are going well!