Friday, February 8, 2008

This one's for Steve

This is a little late, but what an exciting finish to the Super Bowl!! I was so glad to see the Pats lose! The Giants had an amazing defensive game plan, and it was nice to see their defensive coordinator get rewarded with a new contract.

My favorite quote of the night was a text message I received from Dave Sunderland when I asked him who he was rooting for:

"The Giants, man! A world where Eli Manning can be the Super Bowl MVP is a world that I want to live in!" Note: he made the statement early in the 4th quarter!

I'm picking the Chargers (of course) to win it all next year. What an amazing playoff run they made, especially when you consider all of their injuries! They are easily the most talented team in football, and now they have had the time to work things out with the new coaches. Watch out.


11 comments:

The Chase's said...

As long as they have Rivers starting they will not win.

Chuck said...

Jeffy, Jeffy, you will always be a true blue charger fan! ! ! Gotta love the optimism.

Jeff said...

Mom, it's true POWDER blue!!!
And Dallin, I think I heard that same argument about Eli. Get some new material!

kate said...

Abby!!! Hey! I found you on Mickell's page. You're little family is so cute!! I went into Urban Renewal the other day and though of you.. It was so fun to work with you!! Anywho... I just had to say hi!

The Chase's said...

Why would I say that about Eli? I have been his biggest fan since the fourth grade...along with the rest of the Giants. BYU will win a BSC bowl before the chargers get to the Super Bowl....you heard it here first!

Bree said...

Jeff,

Loved your comments on my site. I can see there are many more reasons to hate universal health care than to be tempted by it! Thanks!

The Woods said...

Well I know I'm rollin' in a little late on the comments but I just had to give a shout-out to the GIANTS from the West. We had a gathering at my place and I made sure everyone knew I was for the GIANTS before the game started. I guess I felt a little guilty when I said I was rooting for the "underdogs." I should've said something about them being true contenders. Man, after that game I wished I was a betting man and that I'd dropped some CIZZASH on the GIZZIANTS! Oh well, maybe next year..... -Brian Wood

The Brown Family said...

At least my team made it to the Super Bowl!

The Marsing's said...

At least the Pats made it to the super bowl only to have Tom Brady and Randy Moss get paid off to lose....I'm still wondering how Brady got a body double to NOT show up for him....I think his thoughts were with Giselle up in the booth...

But then again, I can't say too much, my 9'ers almost made it! haha

Jeff said...

At least your team ended with the same streak as mine...L1.

The Brown Family said...

Jeff you are out of your mind if you think the chargers are going to win next year. The same thing that happened the last two years will happen again. THE PATS!!!!! I just wonder when you will run out of excuses for their loses in the post season to the pats? maybe never... any way they are pretty good and they do have a lot of talent but that is not wins superbowls. After all look at Eli Manning.