Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Golly, What a Day

Thursday, April 2nd started out as any normal day, that is until Thing 1 didn't ask me to tie his princess skirt with his blankies (affectionately named yellow and blue) the minute we finished breakfast. In fact, he didn't ask me to tie his princess skirt at all that day. Rather, during his morning dose of cartoons, he became rather intrigued with the garb of the Backyardigan Cave People and wanted to spend the morning wearing an animal skin and a bone necklace, just like Uniqua. Perhaps 'twas a subconscious foreshadowing of events to happen later this day.Being the promoter of imagination that I am, I tied yellow as so, and found him an old string of beads to pose as his bone necklace. Feeling ever so manly, Thing 1 showed me his muscles.

Meanwhile, amidst all the cave person hallabuloo, Thing 2 was enjoying tummy time on her play mat...or so I thought..."Tadaah!"

Apparently, Thing 2 wanted to get in on all of the firsting action. She rolled from her tummy to her back! Trying to one-up her big bro, she didn't stop there. Reaching for her dangling toy, she actually grabbed it instead of her delightful little toes by mistake.
Still, the toes remain a very definitive step in the grabbing process, mind you.Once she got the hang of this, though, Thing 2 seemed content to just keep on hangin' on...and on...and on...She'll never let go, Jack. Doesn't she look so pleased with her accomplishment?
We are proud of you too, Princess P.

Later in the day we headed with friends for Things 1 and 2's first trip to the ZOO.

There, we had the ever so important argument on how to pronounce Elephant...
(I'm not sure who gave in first, but I'm pretty sure they they agreed to disagree.)

...became entranced by Gorillas......so entranced, in fact, that we could not, for one second, peel our little eyes away from the beasts while banging our own gorilla-like chests for a photo-op.


We also got to sing to Mr. Crocodile...
Can't Catch Me!

Hold hands, and more hands...then fall down...and stay there.

We giggled on a camel saw... monkey bums????

and--Oh Look!A Big Horn!! That's why we come up here.

Thing 2 had a delightful first day at the zoo as well.
She was particularly fascinated by the inside of her eyelids.

A day of firsts is definitely what we had, for it was also the first day we met our new landlords at 341 Parkside, as well as the first night Thing 2 decided it was also time to start waking up 3-5 times a night (hence the lag in our blogging). I believe we have since nipped that last first in the bud. For all of our sakes, let's hope.




19 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

So cute!!!

taylor and laney said...

Sorry to take awhile to get back, but yes, that does sound stalkerish that you found our blog, but no, it doesn't bother us. We're still planning on coming to Buffalo. Our biggest question is where to live. With my program on two different campuses, do you think I should look for a place inbetween to live, or what would be a good area. My email is taylor.hawes@gmail.com, so if you have any information along those lines, that would be great...at least for now.

Team Fraser said...

Looks like you had an evenfull day! I love how thing 2 is smiling and rolling over. She is so cute and has changed so much since we last saw her. Max is the cutest! Love the backwards ball cap! Come back again soon!

Alesha said...

I love your post they are so entertaining! "She'll never let go Jack" had me cracking up! She is getting so big! I want to see her...and you guys too! Max's caveman costume is also fabulous!

Melissa said...

Your kids are so cute!! It's crazy how creative kids are. I think you are doing a great job in promoting his creativity!!

Melinda Szarek said...

SO CUTE!
I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE Y'ALL!!

Chuck said...

Thanks for the wonderful post! I love it when you share your adventures. Can't wait to share some in person. Love to all of you!

Chuck said...

p.s. Abby - i didn't know you were a "golly" kind of girl. I like that!

Natalie said...

I like the concept of thing 1 and thing 2; however, the pictures kind of give away who you are talking about...

Danica Osborn said...

looks like a very fun day. cute post.

Nicea said...

Awesome post, Boo. Only six more days! I feel some serious kid and baby kissin' comin' on.

Kristy said...

Oh I miss you guys. Maxs hair is so long and cute. P.S. I love the lazy eye picture!

Kristy said...

You are approving blog comments? What is that all about? Is someone wierd leaving comments? Let me ask you some more questions eh?

Stacey said...

Jeff... go to my blog and see what I got on the Words Per MINUTE boyyyy. Eric

Garth, Melissa and all the Crazies said...

I love your blog! You take such fun picts and have a great "narrative." Cute kids don't hurt either!

Garth, Melissa and all the Crazies said...

I love your blog! You take such fun picts and have a great "narrative." Cute kids don't hurt either!

Stacey said...

SOOO cute! Max's little hat is to die for... Love the play mat Perry! Way to get those toys.

Miller said...

It's good to hear from you, we will be moving to Kirksville, MO at the end of July. Max's is getting getting so big and Perry is beautiful. We will have to keep in touch.

Megan said...

We LOVE Uniqua! And Ab, "Thing 1" (so funny, by the way, how you call him that) looks a lot like Alex, :) do you get that a lot? And we also love the zoo, and the backs of eyelids!