Sunday, May 4, 2008

Livin' La Vida Loca on Tres de Mayo!!

In 2007, Cinco de Mayo was celebrated on the first Saturday in May. Apparently our upstairs neighbor is operating on a year-old calendar, because for some reason they had a fiesta (in honor of this great Mexican holiday) last night. Is it just me, or is that a little wierd? I mean if any holiday was meant to be celebrated on the actual day, wouldn't the title "CINCO DE MAYO" tip you off a little bit?

I guess I should have know that these guys were amatures when I heard the constant thud of a techno beat. I mean, come on! If you're going to celebrate Cinco de Mayo on Tres de Mayo, the least you could do is get a mariachi band! And for heaven's sake, even I know that you don't drink the Canadian LaBatt Blue cerveza on the 5th of May! Where were the Cobras! (Shout out to all my East LA homies!)

It was a little frustrating because part of the reason Abby and the kids went to Utah a week before me was so that I could have some peace and quiet to study for finals, and anyone that knows me well knows that I have a hard time studying or falling asleep to loud noise. Well, once I gave up on the studying, and I realized that I was never going to fall asleep with the boom...boom...boom...boom-boom-boom as my background music, I decided to run down to Walgreen's for some "sleep-aid." When I got home I pounded about half a bottle of NyQuil, and the next thing I knew it was morning. Thank you NyQuil. I love you.

5 comments:

Team Fraser said...

Well i'm glad that you woke up after the OD!!

Nicea said...

Uh oh. My son-in-law's on the sauce?

The Marsing's said...

nothin wrong with a little boom boom boom

Marissa said...

I hate it when neighbors are loud and you can't sleep-especially if it wakes up the sleeping child I just barely put down...gotta love it!

abbyjane said...

yes, marissa, noisy neighbors is one of the reasons I came to Utah early and we're staying for a whole month! My poor kids couldn't get a decent nap or night's sleep to save any of our lives!