Friday, May 30, 2008

Criminal Intent

I flew back to Bub-a-lello (Max's version) on Tuesday afternoon, and, as usual, we were running a little bit behind. I guess some things never change. As we were doing the hustle, trying to get everything in the bag on time, I guess we forgot to remember all of the new rules for flying.

When I got to the airport and walked through the security station I heard the man who gets to look at all of our stuff yell "bag check!" It was mine... :( So I sat there as the man opened my backpack and pulled out my hair gel stuff. It was bigger than three ounces. Crap. Oh well. He threw it away and ran it through the x-ray machine again. No go. I wondered what it was this time. Tooth paste. It was bigger than three ounces. Crap. Oh well. He threw it away and ran it through the x-ray machine again. No go. (Are you having deja-vu?) You've got to be kidding me!

At this point I start to get a little nervous, and it didn't help that the guy running the x-ray machine was eying me down like I was under the direction of Bin Laden! So the guy walks over to me and asks, "Do you have anything sharp in here?" I reply, "Maybe a pen or something." He keeps searching. "No, I'm looking for something else and I can't seem to find it." So I try to be as helpful as I can as to alleviate any suspicion that I am trying to sneak something past him. I grab the strap and say "There's another pocket right here." As I pull the strap around a RAZOR BLADE that I had put in my bag a few days earlier and completely forgotten about flies out of the pocket and lands on the table. CRAP!!!

The next thing that I knew I was standing naked in an interrogation room. Then I snapped out of my worst-case-scenario daydream and the guy said "I doubt you even knew about that! Let me run this bag through one more time and you can get on your way." I guess he could observe the fear in my eye. Luckily it passed, and I got to go on my way, but I couldn't help but wonder if that was a good thing or not? On one hand I was glad that I could go through, but on the other hand I was a little shocked. I mean, I just tried to go through security with a razor blade! Doesn't that at least warrant a few questions?

Anyway, let me just say that I will never pack my bags in a rush again! Lesson learned.

6 comments:

gina bina said...

That's a pretty funny story! But, really...you were naked? Scary.

Team Fraser said...

That is so funny! I can just see the razor blade flying out.

Michaelson Family said...

Ok, let me just say that for a second, I totally thought you were standing naked in the interrogation room!

Johnny and Angela Dayton said...

You are a great writer! We missed you at the party today!!! John and I can't wait to hang out with you guys again!!!!

The Chase's said...

They may have interrogated you if you didn't look like Mr. Rogers, and I am sure you were shaking like a polaroid. Was it a long plane ride with a shirt soaked in sweat??
But hey, it could be worse you could have been sitting on a curb in L.A with a box of dynamite....or BOM's.

Brandon McBride said...

First of all, oh my heck! You went through alot! And were you alone?
ANyways, I know I am glad I found you too. I still have to step back and look at my life and REALIZE I am 24 and a mom and a wife and I can't believe I have children, and a house and everything else. All those times growing up I dreamed of having what I have now, and its amazing, but time sure FLIES.