Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Thing 2 is beginning to learn the concept: just because I can't see it, does not mean it doesn't exist. For Example, she will be sitting on my lap, though unable to see me, and feel the need to crane her neck backwards, make eye contact with me--she will literally stare at me until I look at her--beam, and then turn back around. She will do this over and over and over again just to make sure I haven't disappeared into thin air--because mom's do that, you know. We're good at making things vanish: owies, privileges, Peanut Butter M&M's...mmmmmm.
Anyhoo...
As I was putting her into the high chair for "safe keeping" whilst I ate breakfast, she kept peering up at me--neck craning--with THE MOST displeased expression a baby could ever make.
Didja just eat a lemon, Per? Sheesh.
All the more peculiar, she would only look at me for a moment before she put her head forward, as if merely making sure I was still there, and repeated the process over and over and over again, occasionally flashing a smile. After taking what should be an illelegal amount of pictures of her doing this, I realized, 'this is one of those things I'm gonna wish I had on film.' I reached for my camera:

Oops. I'm not exactly sure what caused the outburst--nor am I sure what my mother is talking about in the background, but I did realize that with my back turned to the vastly bright bay windows, when looking at me, she was also looking into the brilliant rays of sunshine; hence the sour grapes.

18 comments:

The Marsing's said...

Nice Abby. Love the post

Stacey said...

that picture of her is great! I love it... I think we have the same high chair.

Team Fraser said...

She is such a doll! I love the video!

Bree said...

Are you kidding me? She is SO DANG CUTE!!!!

Carolyn said...

Abby-- I've been stalking you online for months-- now that I have figured out my login name I can leave you messages. Guess what? I'm speaking in church on Sunday.... uh, oh. Yeah, see you there..... wait are you in Utah? Nuts, no good!

abbyjane said...

Carolyn! I'm sorry we're gonna miss that! Good Luck! You'll do great, I'm sure. I can count on you to let me know when all those babies come, right?!

Kara said...

Ha Ha, that picture is so cute of Perry!! I especially love the neck creases! :) DOn't you just love having to clean and dry inbetween those bad boys! :)

The Brown Family said...

How cute is she! I miss you guys!
Beckham started do the same thing a little while a go. Kinda makes me feel good...at least someone in our house wants to make sure I'm always around! haha!

AnneMarie said...

She is so CUTE! I want to just reach through the computer and hold her!

Melanie said...

She is so cute! I love those big eyes and pouty fave!

Kristi & Mike said...

She is so cute! That face is the sweetest thing I have seen!!!

Dani said...

ok Abby, she is seriously the cutest little girl I have ever seen! she look just like you and I could totally see you making the exact same face. So are you in Utah? If you are and you haven't called your old roommate, I will be very sad!!! I live about 2 minutes away from your parents house so next time you are here we HAVE to get together! love you!

Megan said...

Holy cow she is so stinkin cute!!!!

Megan said...

Holy cow you are so lucky you caught that on camera!!! So funny! And so mean that I think it's funny to see her cry like that!

Sherwoods said...

That is a pretty cute little face! When are you guys going to be in Utah again? If we are ever there together, we would love to see you guys!

Unknown said...

Ummm, she is the cutest little girl I have seen in a long time. Oh my gosh abby. She is adorable. What are you up to these days???

Kristy said...

So sad! I don't care what you say she looks cute with huge flowers on her head.

Bri or Aaron said...

She is so cute! Her cheeks remind me of Adelin's cheeks. Aren't they so fun to kiss!