Friday, December 21, 2007

LOU HOLTZ??!?!?!?

I am currently watching the Utah vs. Navy bowl game and maybe I slipped into a dream, but I swear I just heard Lou Holtz say that Utah is (in his words) "The best non-BCS talented team in the country." WOW. Apparently you don't have to be ranked or even win your conference to be "the best non-BCS talented team in the country." Either that, or you don't need to have any idea what you are saying to be an ESPN analyst! Well, it appears that the latter is correct. He just followed up his first stupid comment by talking about what a great job Dr. Young is doing at the U, followed by some mumbling, puttering, and trailing off before Rece Davis rescued him by cutting off his mic and jumping in. Oh dear Lou...Oh dear...


Wow! The game just ended as I was typing this. That was an intense finish.

So I'd love some input on this...I was having a hard time knowing who to cheer for in this game. On one hand, I want the Mt. West to get some good publicity (fat chance with that ridiculous TV deal), which would certainly be the case with a good showing by the red team. But on the other hand, I just can't bring myself to cheer for the ewetes! That's how bad I hate them! I ended up pulling for the Midshipmen of Navy. Any thoughts?

9 comments:

Team Fraser said...

YEAH UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admin said...

I am right there with you Jeff on Lou Holtz. I watched a Thursday night game earlier in the season where he was doing the play by play and I had to turn it off. He honestly has lost his marbles. He may have been a good coach but wow...I can't listen to the guy.

Now on to the Utes. I have to say I wanted them to win last night. Really its better for BYU if Utah wins every game other than when they play them. I will be cheering on all the Mountain West Teams this Bowl Season.

Go Cougars! I have two extra tickets to the game saturday night if you can make.

Merry Christmas

Michaelson Family said...

Seriously?!?
Jeffrey Pumpkin, I must say I am disappointed. You should be cheering on the Utes!

Michaelson Family said...

Whatever...I can't wait for you BYU fans to see the light and become Ute fans.

When do you finish school? You two should totally move out to Colorado when you are done!!! We love it here. Visit us and you can see for yourself.
Let's just plan on it. When you graduate move your cute family to Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW is right! I could not believe what he was saying either. I totally agree with you. I mean come on! One of the best non BCS teams! Give me a break!

The Chase's said...

Hi my name is Lou Holtz and welcome back to The Price is right....or I mean Norte Dame should be number 1 and in my book if you punt it on first down you won't lose field advantage er um ah eh er da. OK thanks Lou!.... Why don't they just face the facts at ESPN? Lou should be in an old folks home! but instead of enjoying a christmas program at Shady Acres he is commenting on the biggest games of the year.

Utah is not the most talented team in Salt Lake County! if you go on down to Murray Park once in a blue moon you will find a flag team that could stand with any college team in the nation.

Oh and Ashley if you are reading this..Go BYU, and how could Jeff and Abby move to Highlands Ranch when they are moving to the REAL Highland, UT...or where ever we are!

Team Fraser said...

The last comment was a typo. I cheer for the utes anytime they are playing out of conference. But the Cougs are just simply superior in every facet. Lou Holtz is an idiot.

Ed, Kalisa, Dyson, Savannah & Daxton & Daxton said...

Go UTES!! How about BYU's luck? What do you think of that idiot's (AC)comments after the game?

Alesha said...

time to post...I am sick of reading about LOU HOLTZ??!?!?!? whoever that is anyway. haha