Thursday, March 20, 2008

give me five......well, maybe

Since I've been catching so many colds lately I've been paying extra attention to things that could be causing this annoying problem. I'm sorry if this makes you sick (pun intended) but nearly 50% of the guys at my school seem to think that handwashing after using the potty is optional. I really can't stand it anymore. I want to follow these people of the restroom and yell "Don't touch this guy! He didn't wash his hands!" Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to think that this sickness is contributing to my sicknesses!

Isn't there a law that requires certain employees to wash their hands while they are working? If so, shouldn't there be a law that required ALL people in public places to wash their hands?!? I'm usually against excessive government regulation, but in this case the non-washers are hurting others, not just themselves. I would love it if there was some way to tell whether or not a person washed their hands when they exited a public bathroom, and if they didn't a loud siren and flashing light would go off or something.

Sorry for the rant. Does anyone know any good, long-lasting hand sanitizer for me? Or how about some supplements to boost my immune system. Maybe I should just wear rubber gloves around all day at school. Hey, that's a good idea!

10 comments:

Team Fraser said...

I live and die w/ airborne. It works best when used @ the 1st sign of a cold.

-Garrett-

Team Fraser said...

Also if you just would take a multi vitamin or at least vitamin C that would help! But just keep clorox wipes and I like germ X better that purell (it smells better) with you at all times...I always wips down my steering wheel and bottom of my bag. Garrett thinks I have OCD but I just don't want to get sick...

abbyjane said...

Maybe you should eat better...lay off the dew???

Jeff said...

Ab-I eat what you make!!

abbyjane said...

but I don't cook...

Stacey said...

Something that is big is that it is not the hands getting dirty it is YOUR hands going to your mouth. Just make sure you are washing your hands a bunch and limit your hand to mouth action. Eric and I second the Airborne!!

Chuck said...

Hands to mouth -- hands to nose -- both very bad ideas if you want to stay healthy. In preschool we teach the kids you have to wash with warm water and soap long enough to sing the "Happy Birthday" song. Happy singing!

Chuck said...

Hey Woodgreen, I can't believe how much your picture looks like one I have of Uncle Ferron! He use to sport a mustache. I did a double take the first time I saw it on your post.

Melinda Szarek said...

Jeff I'm sorry your hands are dirty, but could you post a blog with pictures of the kids now?
Please and thank you.

Mel

Anonymous said...

It is so funny the things that you come up with, you remind me of Seinfield.