Thursday, March 13, 2008

READY FOR A VACATION! (warning-this is a long journal post)

Well, we got back from our Utah trip last night, and now I am ready for a break! We had a WONDERFUL time out West, but I'm glad to be able to be home to relax for a few days before school starts up again.

We're currently trying to get caught up on all of our DVR'd entertainment (basically just American Idol and OTH--ya, 24 is missing from that list! Does anyone know when the heck it is going to start!!!) and I'm watching the first episode of the AI top 12. What a new set! I'm glad that the show is finally starting. I seriously get sick of all of the tryouts and the first 12 eliminations!! Yet, although it's not a religiously as the top12, I still watch them-go figure. Hopefully this year will be better than last year, and it already looks like it very easily could be.

OK, so what's with all the jawing between Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell?? It seems like it gets worse every season. Is this a real feud, or has it just become such an integral part of the show that the producers force them to play it up?

OK now for the trip (and my AI thoughts in **)-

It was a blast! It was so good to see all of our friends and family! We started off the first 3 days at my parents house in Salem and then spent the final 3 days in Orem. It was fun to spend some time in Salem. Max loves going to the Salem Pond to cruise around the park and feed the ducks. I'm amazed at how equitable he is with the popcorn he feeds them. His mission is to make sure that they all get some and that the geese-bullies don't take too much from the little duckies. Wow! There are a lot of parallels in there that I won't bore you with, but I'm sure you saw them anyway. Let me just say that you should be proud, Fred!

**OK Chikezie Eze just went crazy on the stage, and I really liked it! I was just telling Abby last week that there was nothing special about him-same ol same ol, but like Randy said he "Smashed it!!" this week. Amazing!**

On Friday I got to watch the Jazz game (what a game, what a game!!!) and had my first experience with Halo 3 and X box live, to the tune of seven hours (four of them being past midnight). While it was fun and entertaining, I have to admit, much to the dismay of several of you who might be reading this, that I won't be making the purchase. I would have a hard time graduating if I owned one of those things!

Saturday we started the day with flag football (running on a few hours of sleep and a whole lot of Amp--see above) which was a lot of fun even though I still run like a giraffe and then Abby and I went to dinner with my sister and her husband (Jenny and Greg) and my other sister and her boyfriend (Melinda and Travis). It was nice to meet Travis and spend some time with my siblings. Thanks to Mel and Travis for dinner, and thanks to Jenny and Greg for gracing us with your presence. Oh, and the appetizers. And the ride. Next time I want to go on the Harley. After dinner we got to spend some time with our friends at the McDonald's house. It was REALLY REALLY good to see everyone, and really really weird to see officer Moutsos in his very own cop car and uniform. Thanks for hosting the party Rum and AM, and thanks to everyone who came (Kole & Jessica, Eric & Stacey, Lyndsay & Garrett, Eric & Kati and all the kids).

Sunday we had family over at Abby's house for Perry's baby blessing. It was a really nice experience. She is such a sweet baby! I have to tell you, it was the fourth baby blessing I've performed, and I STILL get nervous!! I don't get nervous for many things, but there's something about blessing a baby that really gets me! Despite my nervousness, we gave her a beautiful blessing and it was a special experience for me. Thanks to our moms for helping to make it such a nice day and thanks to our family who came to share the experience with us.

**OK, we just heard Brooke Davis and that performance was AWESOME! Both Abby and I got the chills. She's good! She's really good!**

On Monday Abby spent some time with her friends from high school, and my dad and I went to St. George to replace a garbage disposal in our townhouse (yes, the townhouse that was supposed to be sold!! If you're wondering, it's a long story, but let's just say that we'll have renters there for the next year). It was refreshing to see the house in such good condition since it's been nearly ten months since I've been there. In fact, it may have looked even better than when we lived there!! I forgot how nice we had it when we lived there: no snow, a garbage disposal, sinks deeper than six inches, a dishwasher, a master bedroom bigger than 10ft x 10ft, and more than one bathroom! The good thing is that living in our current house will help us appreciate our next one so much more!

Well this is getting pretty long, so I'll end it there. Again, thanks to everyone who helped to make our trip an enjoyable one. Hopefully we'll be back soon! I'll post the pictures from the trip as soon as we upload them from the camera.

**OK last thought. Did they just show a clip of David Archuleta's dad playing the trumpet in his G's?!?! Unbelievable! I like this guy, but I really don't think I could sit down and listen to an entire album of his.**

6 comments:

The Marsing's said...

David Hernandez is the stripper dude......you meant Archuleta...hehe

Good post though sir

Jeff said...

Thanks Mars. I fixed it.

Marissa said...

Hey! We were so bummed to miss you...Jake moped for a day...haha! Anyway, glad you had fun and hope to see you next time!

Melinda Szarek said...

It was good to see you too.. I'm glad you finally got to meet Travis. =)
Brooke White is my favorite!!

Melinda Szarek said...

PS: I thought you were posting again last night? What is up with that??

Danica Osborn said...

we noticed his dad's attire too. haha! welcome back guys.